Complete DOT Drug Testing Compliance Services
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) is the federal agency which oversees the rules and regulations for organizations that operate in the transportation industries. Whether employers operate in trucking, railroad, marine operations, airlines, or mass transit, they are all subject to the DOT’s regulations.
InOut Labs’ DOT compliance services helps keep you compliant with the drug testing rules. Regardless of the DOT agency you report to, InOut Labs will help you remain compliant.
DOT mandated services offered by InOut Labs
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Pre-Employment, Random, Reasonable Suspicion, Post-Accident, Return-to-Duty
- Background Screening
- Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) – Pre-Employment and Annual
- Clearinghouse Support
- Physical Exams / Occupational Health Screenings
- Electronic Driver Qualification Management
- Motor Vehicle Records, violations, certificates, applications, licenses, and more..
With InOut Labs, you won’t waste time tracking down test results, searching for collection sites, or scrambling at year-end to meet the required testing percentages. You won’t stress about finding your test records when a DOT auditor comes knocking. Instead, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes from knowing the job is being done right by an industry leader in compliance management.
Regulated employers need to be able to test for the following reasons:
InOut Labs also offers Non-DOT Drug Free Workplace programs.
InOut Labs offers DOT-compliant random testing programs/consortia for Owner Operators as well as employers who are not also drivers.
If you are an Owner Operator, you are required by the FMCSA to be enrolled in a consortium random drug testing program. Most smaller DOT-regulated employers are enrolled in a consortium random drug testing program for easy compliance.
Larger DOT-regulated employers are often in a stand-alone, company-only, DOT random testing program.
InOut Labs adheres strictly to DOT compliance standards for all regulated testing. Even though many medical facilities offer drug testing, you are better served by a dedicated C/TPA like In Out Labs.
What WE offer that medical facilities typically don’t
- 18,000 collection sites nationwide.
- Software platform integrated with MRO services means faster results.
- Supervisor Training (required by DOT)
- Written policy (required by DOT)
- DOT physicals nationwide
- Clearinghouse support
- DOT audit assistance
- SAP referrals
- Return To Duty and Follow Up Testing assistance
Noncompliance can result in fines of up to $10,000 per occurrence and the potential for an out-of-service order.
Typical FMCSA Violations:
- No written drug and alcohol testing policy
- No random testing consortium program
- Using a driver who has not completed a drug test with a negative test result
- Using a driver who refused a required alcohol or drug test
- Using a driver who has previously tested positive and has not completed the return-to-duty process
Consortium vs. Standalone Random Pool
- A consortium is a random drug testing pool that includes employees from multiple companies. Random selections are made from the pool and as long as the consortium pool meets minimum random testing requirements, then all members of the pool are compliant. Perfect for owner-operators and smaller companies.
- A standalone pool is made up of employees from one employer.