The FMCSA Clearinghouse compliance deadline was 1/6/2020, and enforcement is now in effect. It is critical that you register your organization in the Clearinghouse as soon as possible.
If you do not establish an account, you cannot maintain compliance with mandatory Clearinghouse or drug testing regulations. AND you’re risking fines for noncompliance. Need help? Ask us.
PENALTIES FOR NON-COMPLIANCE ARE SET AT $5833 PER VIOLATION.
What is the FMCSA Clearinghouse?
FMCSA Clearinghouse is a centralized online database containing records of DOT FMCSA drug and alcohol program violations. The searchable, real-time database allows (REQUIRES!) employers to screen and query commercial drivers for any violations of drug and alcohol program.
Th implementation date was January 6th 2020. It’s critically important for all employers to understand this new rule and what that is changing as a result.
If you have any questions about the FMCSA Clearinghouse call us at 833-723-7997 or email us at [email protected]
What Is Included?
Fact Sheets & Instructions
- Employer Instructions (PDF)
- CDL Driver Instructions (PDF)
- Queries and Consent Requests (PDF)
- Consortia/Third Party Administrators Instructions (PDF)
- Medical Review Officers Instructions (PDF)
- Substance Abuse Professionals Instructions (PDF)
- Clearinghouse Factsheet (PDF)
- Read the Clearinghouse final rule
FMCSA Clearinghouse Support Prices
Owner Operators: You are required to employ the services of a C/TPA. Your annual consortium dues of $224 per year include our Clearinghouse services for you. You still need to register and select InOut Labs as your C/TPA and purchase queries.
To register as an Owner Operator in our random testing consortium. Click here.
Note: For the purposes of the Clearinghouse, if the owner is also a driver, you are an Owner Operator. For the InOut Labs consortium, an Owner Operator is a one-employee company where the owner is the driver.
Employers of CDL Drivers: You are required to register with the FMCSA Clearinghouse. You may self-manage. Or you can hire us to help.
Fees for Clearinghouse Support:
- 1-20 Drivers – $149 per year
- 21-100 Drivers – $249 per year
- 101+ Drivers – $299 per year
Plus $10 per Query and $10 per Violation or RTD Report
FMCSA Clearinghouse FAQs
Employer Immediate Action Steps
- Employers with a USDOT# will enroll through the FMCSA portal– NOT – the Clearinghouse
- Assistants must be INVITED to enroll under the account
- Employers designate their C/TPA within the Clearinghouse
- Employers must purchase queries. For each year, you will need enough queries to run the annual query on all drivers as well as enough for each new hire. If you have 50 drivers and replace 10 per year with new hires, you will need at least 60 queries per year.
- Encourage all existing employees to register in the Clearinghouse.
FMCSA Clearinghouse Queries
- Full Queries and Limited Queries are both $1.25 per query.
- Query bundles must be purchased from FMCSA by the Employer and never expire.
- C/TPAs are prohibited from purchasing queries on behalf of Employers.
Driver Consent for FMCSA Clearinghouse Queries
- Drivers are notified when an Employer is conducting a query by the method selected at registration (email or postal mail). If the driver has not registered within the Clearinghouse, notification will be by US Postal mail to the address on CDL. This is one reason it is advisable for all drivers to register.
- Drivers can consent or refuse consent to Queries on their Clearinghouse dashboard. Refusing may make them ineligible to drive.
- Drivers will be able to see historical Queries and which Employer made on them.